A candidate for a temporary position who has not yet graduated and is working towards a relevant Bachelor's, Specialist's, Technical, Master's or PhD degree from a relevant academic institute. A Student employee can do specific work in the area of their future degree or work as a Generalist in a specific department. The Studentship is limited in time with the intent to hire into an College Graduate/ Technical Graduate position as appropriate
Come and join the End User Computing & Communications Operations team in IT to build the workplace of the future! We look for open-minded, creative and passionate people. Our team is responsible for managing multiple IT Services worldwide which power Intel's most valuable assets: its employees!
As an IT Support Analyst Student, you will:
- Provide customer & vendor support to manage global and regional services such as Printing, Software, PCs & Peripherals
- Help to develop and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- Work in collaboration with other teams within and outside IT and in multiple locations.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships and/or work experience.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- The degree must be from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Applicants must be able to devote a minimum of 36 workhours per week to this position.
- Must be able to stay at least 1 year as an active student.
- Intermediate to Advanced English (written/verbal).
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows & Office
- Experience supporting & using ISMP (Service Now) Experience in Customer Support / Vendor Management / Inventory Management
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge in Data analysis (running reports in Power BI, Excel pivots and indicators)
Soft Skills / Behavioral Traits
- Customer obsession
- Excellent self-learning capabilities and willingness to learn from others
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.